Katherine Ferrell, MA, LMHC
You are not alone. We all feel alone sometimes, especially when we’re struggling. Whatever is going on, you have options and things can get better. You are worthy of health, acceptance and joy. We all are.
I am a licensed mental health counselor and my passion is helping people live more joyful, authentic and empowered lives. I understand how isolating life can feel, and I bring humor, flexibility and mindfulness to helping clients connect to their strengths.
Maybe you know what holds you back. Maybe you’re not sure. Maybe you just want the uncomfortable feelings to stop. We can explore together at your pace and bring light into dark places. I am committed to being an ally in your journey and building a relationship where we work together to help you achieve your goals.
As a mindfulness-based counselor, I work with thoughts, physical sensations, emotions and breath in the present moment. I take a warm and genuine approach and invite open-hearted listening and the development of self-compassion. You can be confident that I offer a welcoming space where judgement is withheld.
My calling is to motivate people to tap into their inner strength and resiliency. My training includes
- M.A. in Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine from Boston University School of Medicine
- Counseling at the Veterans Administration to help veterans cope with trauma, mental health and substance use
- Therapy at a methadone clinic in Boston to assist individuals struggling with opioid addiction, pain and mental health conditions
- B.A. in Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, and Creative Expression from the University of Redlands
- Leading workshops for teens and adults through the UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Adults (Ages 18+)
- Behavioral Medicine & Holistic Health
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Stress Reduction
- Recovery From Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- Life Transitions
- Kink/ Poly-Friendly
Things can get better. With courage, work, compassion and patience, you can grow and change. I invite you to take the first step by reaching out.
To learn more about my services, feel free to reach out to Mindful Therapy Group directly. I am happy to answer any questions you have. I would love to connect with you and to see if we might enjoy working together.